Monday, November 15, 2010

It's a girl!!

I had packed the bags for the hospital by October end and had declared (threatened) to the household that the baby will be born before Deepavali (Second time mom's instinct you see). That passed.
Then I announced that the baby is going to be a Deepavali release amidst the chaos and crackers. (Instinct, instinct). That too passed.
When 'the Jal' took the city by storm I was very sure we were going to do an "Anjali film" act and rush in the rain even as storm hissed past us. That stormy night too passed.

Next morning it was sunny and bright. So I declared- "It is definitely going to be next week on the expected due date. Bring out the vacuum cleaner. I have to clean the house". The husband and my father who were detained at home on various occasions the previous weeks were packed off to their respective places of work. (Instincts instincts, very strong instincts)

AND SO,
Two hours later I was driven to the hospital and our baby girl was born!

15 comments:

bitsofchocolate said...

Congratulations !!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats dear...So happy to be the first one to wish you in this blog...

Hope to hear more of you from now on..Though I am not sure if you will find time in the sleep deprived state that you may be in currently..

Give my love to the little one and of course V too

Jayashree said...

Congratulations......

Varsha aka Rain said...

congratulations

MindfulMeanderer said...

Ohhhh wonderful news! :)
Congratulations.

Vidya said...

Congratulations! Take care and enjoy!

LIFE_REFACTORED said...

Congratulations are in order! Especially to the Big brother!

Shankari said...

Oh wow! Congratulatios! Make way for little pattu pavadais and kutti kutti frocks :)

Rekha said...

Congratulations!

Hema said...

PV- Thank you ma'am!
Elizabeth-Thank you! I'll try my best:)
Jayashree- Thanks:)
Varsha-Thanks:)
Shruti-Thank you!
Vidya- Thank you. Sure!
LR- Thanks. I'll tell him!!
Shankari-Thank you. Yes I'm exited about those too:))
Rekha- Thank you!

Santhiya said...

My hearty Congrajulations!

utbtkids said...

Congrats to you and your family Hema. LOL at the 'vaa-na varamaten' drama.

Have a restful rest of the year.

anubharat said...

Congratulations Hema on the new arrival. Congratulations to the little big brother too. You take care and try to get some sleep when you can.

ambulisamma said...

Congratulations many!
A girl is very very special for a mom.Enjoy second innings.

Hema said...

Santhiya-Thank you!
UTBTkids- Thank you :)
Anu-Thank you. Yes I am trying to get some sleep
AA-Thank you madam