Friday, September 3, 2010

Keeping it Straight and Simple

"Naan Kariyeriten, neenga innum karaiyerama nikareley?"
Barathiraja, Maniratnam and all others who featured immortal lines by children in their films...I salute you. For your understanding of children and their mindset. Of their keenness in keeping things short, simple and straight.

I was cleaning the Puja room for Janmashtami celebrations. V caught me wiping the pictures and asked why. Without thinking I mumbled, "For Janmashtami"
V: What?
Me: Lord Krishna's Happy Birthday
V: What?
Me: We are performing a Puja today.
V: (Thinking for a while): Dirtya irukarathunala clean pannaraya? (Are you cleaning because the pictures are dirty?)

14 comments:

Vidya said...

LOL! Hema, I wonder how kids notice and ask questions that so fit the context!!

bitsofchocolate said...

From the mouth of babes.....

Photos ? Bakshanams ?

ambulisamma said...

The title says it very much,straight and simple.

LIFE_REFACTORED said...

WoW! what was your answer? Bg'la palar palar' sound kaettudha?

Hema said...

Vidya- Tell me about that!
PV- I shamelessly purchased the bakshanams this time!!
AA-:)
LR: Athey athey

Jayashree said...

Ha....ha....they come up with the simplest, yet truest solutions, don't they?

Hema said...

Jayashree- You bet:)

bitsofchocolate said...

When's D-Day ? Or has it come and not been recorded on the blog ? Can you send me an email ?

Hema said...

PV- Are you asking because I purchased the bakshanams? I did that last year too;) The D-day's sometime in November. Will mail you.

SG said...

Kids always surprise us by their out of the box thinking.

Uma said...

LOL! How simple! Love your intro to the incident :D

Hema said...

SG- I know!
Uma- Thanks:D

Lavanya Sriram said...

Ahaa! Nachu nu oru kelvi !

Shankari said...

both this and the previous post and so cute! Love the way he talks about the traffic signals and demands a thank you :)

BTW, when are you due?