Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When the Kid took charge...

I was going out to do some shopping. I grabbed the scooter keys with one hand, glasses with the other and was about to leave, when V said, "Athu Appa odu" (That is Appa's).

I said, "No...these are scooter keys, Appa's keys are over there", and closed the door behind me only to come back within a few seconds, because I had taken H's glasses instead of mine.

I went inside and cracked some odd joke about eyesight to H, still not realizing what had happened a few minutes earlier, when H said, "That was exactly what V meant when he said, Athu appa odu".

I refused to believe and did some cross checking by showing my glasses, to which V said, "Ithu thaan amma vodu" (These are amma's glasses-with emphasis!)...

P.S: The comforting fact was that H also did n't realize that, until I came back. We are growing old...together:))

4 comments:

Jayashree said...

Kids notice so many little things that we often overlook.....

homecooked said...

LOL....that good! Growing older and wiser together :)

Hema said...

Jayashree: very true:)
HC: :))

Mama - Mia said...

these kids observe soooo much!

just yesterday i went to see Cub during the day and had to go back to work. i went down and Cub started crying which is very unusual. 2 mins later his nanny came out with my phone. he was crying that i had forgotten my phone!! baap re!

cheers!

abha