Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When the heart almost skipped a beat...

As a "scared-to-death-if-the-apple-of-my-eye-gets-hurt" mom, I keep an eye on V all the time that he's awake (sometimes when he's asleep too) whether he is outdoors or at home, especially at home. The two year old carries along a plastic stool whenever he wants to climb the window, or to the cup board that has his favorite biscuits. Though he is a careful (touch wood) child my stomach does a turn whenever he climbs a few steps extra on the slide or tries to climb the stairs to the water tank on the terrace. The same happens when he tries to pull some wire or plays too close to the UPS. I really can't carry everything on my head and I also have to let him learn. Many call me 'obsessive', but my instinct is almost always right. All my screams to H to keep a watch on the little one were justified this morning. V loves 'playing' with kitchen utensils, touching to see if the iron box is hot and so on. H uses an old teak table to iron his clothes and V likes to climb on to the table and do all the careless jumping. The electric socket is very close to the table and it ironing easier, but I don't think that will be the case anymore. V picked up the plug from the carelessly laid iron box and inserted it into the socket and put the switch on. Since my obsessive mind and self were hovering around, I caught him just in time and laid the iron box to rest in a place where even H can't reach. All stern warnings and sterner eye-ball rolling did n't seem to have the desired effect. I have the only option left...I am praying to God for extra pairs of eyes and ears....

No comments: